September 24, 2020
Excelling Without Excel – Come Back to the Future with Asset Management for Your School
In their COVID-19 Back-to-School Survey of 227 school system technology leaders, the Consortium for School Networking found that 52% of districts expected an increase in budgeting for laptops and tablets. In addition, 49% of IT leaders survey believe that at least some of their classes will be replaced with remote instruction.
With an increased number of assets and one-to-one deployment, you need an asset management system that can keep up with you (and your assets).
If you’re still using Excel to track all your laptops and tablets like you’re living in the 80s or 90s, it’s time to come back to the future and modernize your asset management.
Can You Handle the Truth About Asset Tracking?
Accurate, up-to-date information about your assets in real-time? You’re not going to get that with a spreadsheet solution.
Instead, you’re going to waste time tracking down various versions of a spreadsheet that multiple people have touched. While some will have saved it on a public drive, others may be working on their own copy before loading it back to the shared space, effectively overwriting any data input since they got their hands on it.
Asset Panda updates data in real-time, giving you full visibility into your asset inventory, history, and status. By analyzing the data, you can establish life expectancy baselines for different equipment types and forecast spending for repairs, replacement, and disposal.
That’s the kind of truth we should all be able to handle.
Take the excess out of Excel. Panda makes it easy. Easy, breezy, asset management.
Large amounts of data on a spreadsheet aren’t very helpful unless you have a way to filter through it to get the information you actually need.
Instead of having all the data splayed out in front of you, Asset Panda lets you narrow it down in customizable reports featuring specific data sets. It transforms each report into a finely-crafted tool giving you insight into the status of devices, costs, and maintenance.
- With customizable reports, you get full visibility and insight into:
- Which devices are set to return within a certain timeframe.
- The total value of your asset inventory.
- Which assets were purchased in a particular fiscal year.
- The action history of each device.
- Your various funding sources.
Plus, you can easily add data points to your Asset Panda account by adding new actions to capture what’s happening to your assets. By adding new fields to capture additional data for a more complete picture, you won’t lose historical data that can be helpful to look back upon.
Spreadsheets can’t roll out a solution like this.
Reports: Peekaboo, We See Your Assets
Except there are no surprises here. You know exactly what you’re going to get with four standard types of reports.
- Group Reports are the static data from your existing records. It shows you information like the total number of assets, the value of assets purchased in the 2nd quarter, inventory count of a specific type of device, etc…
- Action Reports give you information on the day-to-day happenings of your assets. Any time something new happens with a device, it’s recorded here. Check-ins. Check-outs. Repairs. Scheduled Maintenance. Disposal.
- Change Reports help you track changes to the asset database. You can see which fields have been changed, what it was, what it is now, who changed it, and when it was changed.
- Audit Reports are tied directly into the audit feature on the mobile app. They show you what assets are missing and the cost associated with them so you can track them down or designate them as lost or stolen.
All of our reports are highly configurable and easy to use. You can use them to pinpoint specific data so you can create your own specific story about your assets. For example, if you’re forecasting for tomorrow, you need to know certain information about your assets today.
- How many times has the asset been checked out or changed hands?
- How often has it been returned to your service team for repairs?
- How many assets are approaching the end of their life cycle?
- How many devices have been lost or stolen?
- The chances of a spreadsheet solution giving you those kinds of report options are zero.
New Year, New Asset Management. Seize Your Reports Today.
Despite the changes to teaching brought about by COVID-19, students still need an education. Asset Panda can help you provide it by helping you track all of your assets.
In particular, service reports are a critical tool because students can’t learn if they’re not connected. The contactless support feature gives students and parents a direct line of communication with your IT support team if they need help with a damaged or malfunctioning device.
A spreadsheet solution definitely can’t do that.
To learn more about how Asset Panda can help you excel without Excel, request a demo today.