From wholesalers to mom and pop stores, businesses of all sizes rely on equipment to keep their businesses running. This equipment doesn’t come cheap, and funding can be hard to come by. If you don’t initially have the capital you need to purchase vehicles, machinery, and supplies, your company will need to apply for a loan. If you don’t have information about your current assets and equipment, you run the risk of losing your funding.
That’s why businesses both big and small need to invest in equipment tracking. You need to track and record a lot of equipment information. Trying to do so by hand is dangerous and can put the success of your business at risk.
Time and money are the most valuable resources any company has available to them. Tracking your equipment by hand, or not having an equipment tracking system at all will cause your business to lose both time and money.
- Handwritten records are time-consuming and difficult to keep regularly updated. They can only be kept in one location, making it difficult for staff members to access equipment records when necessary. If a natural disaster happens, or you simply misplace your records, you won’t be able to recover them.
- Spreadsheets can get complicated quickly. Unless you are an Excel guru, keeping track of your data using formulas can be confusing and frustrating. What’s more is you’re likely to use them wrong and create errors in the data, affecting the integrity of the spreadsheet as a whole. Using spreadsheets without taking advantage of the formulas is little better than keeping manual records.
- Equipment loss from lack of records can quickly add up. When you don’t know how much of what kind of equipment you have on hand, it’s easy to misplace a piece of equipment. The assets your company relies on aren’t cheap, and replacing them can set you back.
You don’t have to accept these setbacks. Asset Panda’s cloud-based equipment tracking platform helps you avoid the above problems and gain several benefits.
- Organized asset data will optimize your company’s workflow. Your employees can access and update information from their mobile phones. They don’t need to spend valuable time finding the right office and locating asset records. Their efforts will also ensure your company has the most accurate and up-to-date information on all of your equipment.
- Centralized equipment information will cut communication back and forth. When your company has asset information all in one place, your workers won’t have to play telephone with their managers. Without a centralized database, your employees might be confused about who is in charge of what equipment, and they won’t know who to contact to use the machines they need. All of this can be avoided with asset information on a centralized database.
- Asset records will help you save money. When you know what equipment you have on hand, you don’t have to wonder if you have what your employees need to do their work. Accurate equipment records will help your purchasing department make the most informed decisions about what to buy, and what to repair.
Asset Panda’s platform is flexible and designed to integrate with your existing systems. You won’t have to spend a lot of time getting our system up and running, so you can get back to the job at hand.
Want to try before you buy? Sign up for a free trial today!