For anyone involved with sports of any kind, you know just how hectic it can be. From making sure that the team is kept together, to having all of the needed sports equipment ready to go, while handling all of the mini crises that develop in between – there’s no extra time to worry about tracking missing or lost equipment. What if there was a way to take out the hassle of keeping up with all the equipment? Inventory control tracking software for athletic teams is a reality and it’s simplifying the process for coaches, athletic directors, team managers and even the parent volunteers for all types and levels of sports.
Think about the sports you played as a child (or that maybe you still play today) or the sports that your children play. There many, many pieces of equipment needed in order to carry out the sport. Balls. Nets. Bats. Not to mention uniforms and other critical safety components. The equipment used by each sport needs to be accounted for, in the right quantity so every player has what he/she needs and is in ready condition for the athletes to use.
Inventory Control For Sports Equipment Managers
Think about the job of a sports equipment manager. They have multiple tasks that they need to take care of that the entire team and coaching staff rely on:
- setting up gear in the player’s lockers each day for practices or games
- pumping up balls
- setting up needed equipment for on-field drills or practices
- assisting coaches with any needs each morning before practices
- ensuring each and every piece of equipment is ready for game-day – that includes uniforms
If the players don’t have the equipment they need, they can’t play. It’s that simple. They need a reliable and fast way to track all of the inventory that their team is counting on.
Inventory Control Tracking Software Tracks More Than Footballs
As athletic departments look more into inventory control tracking software, those who use it are realizing that it can track much more than footballs and helmets. It can be used to keep up with many other important assets that teams need both at home and away. Items such as:
- laptops or tablets that coaches or staff need to have readily available for player information or game details;
- scoreboard equipment if playing fields call for teams to bring their own;
- exercise or training equipment like stationary bikes, hand weights, therabands, etc., that may be used on the field to keep athletes limber or help with PT activities;
- medical supplies including bandages, crutches, braces, etc. in the case that a player is hurt and needs immediate attention on the field.
No matter what equipment you are tracking, each item is an important investment into the success of the team and keeping an up-to-date knowledge on them should be a priority.
Barcode Scanning and Athletic Equipment
There are many different reasons why sports teams and equipment managers are moving to a barcode scanning system when it comes to asset tracking. It used to be that they would rely on handwritten ledgers or Excel spreadsheets to track their inventory data. Because that data is changing on a constant basis, it’s very easy to overlook an item or inadvertently enter an incorrect number, which can throw off record-keeping efforts. The omission of one bat could be the loss of a game if players don’t have the right equipment they need at all times.
Today’s barcode equipment is fully functional to be used right from mobile devices like smartphones and tablets that coaching staff/equipment managers can use daily out in the field. With one simple click and capture of a barcode, scanners can record all of the necessary and most up-to-date data on an asset for its entire lifecycle.
This is also incredibly helpful when checking in/checking out equipment. You know what piece of equipment is assigned to which player, if it’s been returned and what kind of condition it is in. You can also track what equipment has been sent in for service/repair, if it needs any type of upgrade, or if it’s even being used anymore by the team and maybe it doesn’t need to be reordered for the next season.
The barcode scanner is also useful in cases of theft. If equipment is stolen and has been added to inventory control tracking software, it can be noted and scanned in cases that it is found or if there are legal actions taken at a later date. Having real-time knowledge about each and every item in your inventory is simply that important.
What to Look for in Inventory Control Tracking Software
When it comes to tracking and managing team sports equipment, each team has a special requirement of what they need. That also can be said of the type of inventory control tracking software you choose to keep up with the equipment. There are some key points to look for initially:
- The solution needs to be easy-to-use. Check in and check out should be fast, easy and instant. And as staff changes, sometimes on a frequent basis, the less training on how to use the software the better.
- Look for software that provides a complete solution that is customizable, flexible and can change as the team needs change.
- Find a solution that is hosted in the cloud and has associated mobile apps that can be used by allocated users’ own smartphones and/or tablets. This ensures that you can access real-time data about your equipment anytime, from anywhere. You need to get up and running in minutes so you’re ready for the start of the season.
Inventory control tracking software is giving athletic teams and staff a newfound peace of mind as they are now able to find their equipment quickly. Gone are the days of digging through file cabinets or keeping track of error-filled spreadsheets. Now teams know what assets they have, where it is and what condition it is in.
Asset Panda should be your team’s go-to for inventory control tracking software. It is incredibly intuitive and simple to use, and you don’t need to invest countless hours of extensive training to use it. The app is completely customizable, enabling an unlimited amount of allocated users to organize data exactly how your team needs it. A custom dashboard, columns, fields, notifications, alerts, reports and security settings are just a few of Asset Panda’s customizable features.
Asset Panda’s free apps sync with the cloud, meaning your data is served up in real time 24 hours a day. From the palm of your hand, track check-in/check-out status, maintenance histories, even take photos or videos of equipment and so much more. Asset Panda gives users the power to make informed financial decisions, eliminate loss and waste, and put a stop to guesswork. Learn more by visiting www.assetpanda.com and sign up for a free 14-trial.
You might also like...
We’re halfway through the season of spring, which means, for most of…
If you’re a new entrepreneur or manager, you may not know much…
Tax Day is right around the corner. Business owners everywhere have been…