When faced with a hospital stay, patients come into contact with a myriad of tools and pieces of equipment utilized to care for them in their time of need. Patients are counting on the doctors and nurses to have the necessary equipment to ensure a full recovery. Patients don’t think about the staggering amount of devices, equipment, and other medical assets that have to be tracked and managed on a daily basis. They just want to get better and get out! But having a hospital inventory software and asset tracking program is one of the most important investments hospitals and medical facilities can make on patients’ behalf. To determine if this solution is the right choice for your facility, ask these simple questions:
- Are you losing track of medical devices, equipment and tools on a regular basis?
- Do you know which employee or what department signed out a specific tool or asset? Does your facility even require that?
- Are you up to date on the maintenance for all your medical equipment – do you even know what pieces are due for upgrades or how long they’ve been in service?
For every physician, nurse, technician, aide, there are a mountain of tools, medicines and devices to help them deliver the best in patient care. And with the growing number of patients, keeping up with all of that can be challenging. Equipment is constantly on the move from patient to patient and it’s of utmost importance that staff knows where all equipment is at all times and that they can rely on it to be in up-to-date, working condition. If one piece of equipment fails, patient care can immediately be lessened in quality, becoming dangerous or even life threatening.
Problems encountered by hospitals or medical facilities that don’t keep up with inventory or software include:
- Reduced productivity – staff spends time searching for equipment instead of providing patient care
- Lack of available equipment – no one knows where it is and there’s no way to find out who has it or when it was moved. Or if the equipment is damaged or in for repairs, there needs to be a back up or alternative tool to handle that same function at a moment’s notice. Lives depend on this.
- Higher inventory costs and duplicate purchases – when staff cannot find necessary equipment, they often put in requests to buy or rent more equipment than they need, adding additional costs to budgets that were unnecessary had they been able to keep up with assets in a more simple manner.
- Unhappy patients – patients rely on their doctors to have what they need to care for them at all times. When doctors/nurses can’t find equipment or are out of a particular item, say a medicine, then they lose confidence in their team’s ability.
Administrative staff and management also have a large asset list that they need to keep up with as they conduct audits and determine the most cost–effective ways for hospitals to operate. Providing optimal patient care and staying within budget are always top of mind.
Time is absolutely of the essence when it comes to healthcare services. The medical team doesn’t have time to waste searching for needed equipment while they should be handling your care. Just as medical technology evolves, so does the technology to keep up with hospital inventory and assets that are so critical for patient care. Hospital inventory software and asset tracking tools eliminate the frustration of running out of supplies you need or locating a vital piece of equipment that is required. Staff can focus on what they do best, unencumbered by outdated, inefficient process.
By having real-time, updated hospital inventory software and asset tracking tools, administration can make better decisions about current inventory, what may be needed down the line as a new product or what to retire from service, and the distribution of medical devices across multiple campuses for various needs. That knowledge helps cut down on waste, lost revenue and most importantly, guesswork. When hospitals are able to eliminate waiting times, provide better patient outcomes and raise the quality on patient safety and satisfaction, the payoff can be substantial.
With so much to keep track of, Asset Panda makes it easy to locate medical equipment, access maintenance records, and ascertain the status of each piece of equipment. This anytime anywhere access to information makes it easier for hospital officials to make more informed decisions and keep focus on patient care.
Highly configurable, Asset Panda quickly integrates with existing systems, changing as your needs change for unlimited ways to organize and access important information throughout an asset’s entire lifecycle. Using devices your team is already using, either online or with our free Mobile App, Asset Panda makes it simple to scan an asset for on-demand access to necessary information, add pictures or documents, access full histories, generate reports, track maintenance schedules, audit and so much more.
When you have the right hospital inventory software and asset tracking system in place, both employees and patients are happier and more confident. Visit assetpanda.com and give Asset Panda a free try for 14 days.